Sunday, February 24, 2008

Arizona...











Yesterday the kids and me flew out to Arizona for a quick visit with Grandma & Grandpa. We totally had a "Home Alone" morning/ experience. The night before, Jackson had asked Russ to please not forget him when we go to the airpot. Russ, comforted him and assured him we would never leave him behind:). We set our alarm for 4:45 and ended up sleeping thru the alarm, waking at 6:45! AUGH! We jumped on, thru on what ever clothes were nearest us and grabbed the kids, jumped in the car and hoped we had packed everything. We dressed the kids in the car and prayed that somehow we would make our 8:15 am flight. And...we did. Curbside wouldn't check us in because of the time, so we went on in thinking we were going to have to reschedule, but the lady was in such a nice mood, that she said we could run as fast as we could and try to make it. Jackson did awesome and we all RAN, RAN, RAN...and somehow made that flight, sweaty, unshowered, but happy and greatful none the less...


When we got to Arizona we had lost our stress and were happy again, and went to the Tucson zoo. The weather was beautiful, 62 degrees and the kids had so much fun with thier grandparents. We fed the giraffes, otters, and the fishes... Good times!


7 comments:

MK said...

You just got there and already a blog update...I love you!!!! I will miss you lots this week. I hope Cannon doesn't forgot Cody while you're away.

rvan said...

So are you ready to move here now?!! I'll make a fancy dinner for you guys!!

becky said...

I miss that zoo!! and that weather!! Lucky ducks! Wave to my house for me!

Jodi said...

Laurel, I found your blog on Keely, Marisa, and Christal's blogs. Just a reminder- we were in the Ventura 2nd ward together... It's so fun to see you and your cute family on the web. Have fun in Arizona!

Andrea said...

I was wondering where your parents were living now, that was so fun seeing them in the pictures! So, you saw Josh, yes he looks a bit different since he was 5, still a funny guy though. I'm so jealous you're in that warm weather right now, it's 26 degrees here in CT, not to mention the windchill! Fun pictures!!

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

I love the Zoo! Its so mu for the kids! looks like a great time!

Lorne said...

fun pictures. Lorne would be jealous, he really wanted to feed the giraffe when we were at the zoo a couple weeks ago, next time we'll do it! -keely