Monday, September 15, 2008

recent random rad-ness.

this big boy- still crashes alot when the school day is over.  We were looking on the computer for a clay recipe, and he didn't even make it past our google search.  Apparently, he has his dad's issue... pillow+head=out like a light:)
Our quad needed to be serviced and Jackson went with us to bring it in to the motorcycle shop... he looked around and didn't want to leave, in the process of gazing around he found what he "really, really, really, really, REALLY, wants for his birthday"  we went to leave 3 times and ran back for "one more look" before we REALLY left.
Cannon's the man.  As most of you know, I am one of the least pro-active potty trainers out there.  I wait until these guys are COMPLETELY ready.  Last week, Cannon was having a bath, and asked to go "poo-poo" so I got out the potty chair, and he really did it??!!  I was very proud!  So I told him to tell me when he has to go potty again- like I said, I wasn't ready to begin all the way:)- but he had another idea.  A while later I was down stairs sewing, and he came and got me and said he had to "go potty" so all weekend he has gone in the potty chair.  Needless to say, I'm very impressed!
I got asked to make some idea crafts for Super Saturday in our ward, and I had so much fun... I love crafts... so I found these and made them.  I also made a crayon roll, that is the greatest thing that I saw a friend at church had, but I forgot to take a picture.  They were both going to be onesies, but I figured it would be cute on a little kid too, so I made the boy one to fit Cannon.
Lots of fun...?  If you have little kids who always have broken crayons from carrying them in a ziplock bag, google crayon roll and make one!  They are so cute and easy, and keep the crayons safe:)  Maybe I'll post a picture if I remember:)

11 comments:

MK said...

Sweet! Way to go Cannon, that is freaking amazing and awesome! I also love your super saturday stuff. If anybody wants to do vinyl stuff for it, let me know. I am doing that for our ward now.
Miss you tons!!!!!

Momza said...

YEA for Cannon!! Woot Woot!!!
And way cute crafts Laurel!! Love em!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

I love Cannon! Hes so smart! He can teach logie NEXT WEEK!!!! Hooray- I cant wait! Those crafts look great and I lookes up the crayon roll and it looks great too! When is super saturday> I'm so excited- its my favorite day to be involved in r.s.

cory and laurel evans said...

That is awesome that he did it on his own! Gunner just pees all over the floor and uses having to go potty as a way to get to leave nursery (and not come back). Your burp rags are cute. I made some similar to that by using a strip of material and covering the edge with ribbon. I love them because they look so cute yet they are so easy! Hope to see you guys in a few weeks. We took the boat out the other day It was great! we have really missed it this summer!

Stacey said...

That's smart of you to wait until they're ready. It seems like it worked out pretty well too! Good job Cannon! Way to be so crafty too. I can't wait to have a little boy now so he can wear that cute shirt.

Jim Bob said...

Dude, you are such a primary mom!

Jodi said...

Really cute stuff Laurel.

Andrea said...

Dang you're talented! Those are adorable, and they look really well done! And I'm very envious about the naps after school~ Lucky!

Anonymous said...

laurel what are u doing having children and being a way fun mommy!!?? this is kari orlando- jimmies lil sis- no kari rich. come see me sometime in the blog-sphere.

Donovan Hansen said...

Cannon IS the MAN! I wish Avery was the man-- you know, in that context. We're close though.

You guys moved out to the desert and bought quads as soon as you got there, huh? Sounds like you're doing alright down there. Don't worry, it will start cooling off in early December, and wont get hot again until late in January ;)

Keep in touch!

cory and laurel evans said...

Hey we are still headed to Lake Mead this Fri 9/26 thru Tues, let me know if you guys want to meet up. We'd love to see you!