So, life is going on here in Arizona and we are finding more fun things to do. It has been a move (not too hard, not too easy) but we are finding our spot little by little here. In some ways it has been easy, like the fact that having kids who really love friends to play with forces their mom to get out and find some instead of sitting around missing all her old friends:), and definitely having family here is fantastic, but moving is hard at the same time, trying to fit in, having our house sell? in colorado (kind of weird, but it was so so so sad for me when it closed- I cried for half the day), trying to figure out what we want to do (build a new home, buy a home thats ready, or lease for a while to see what the market is doing), and seriously missing all our buddies! More than a handful of times, Jackson has asked when he gets to play with Reid again, and Cannon has asked a few times to go on an airplane to Colorado. On the good side, it has been wonderful moving by family! The boys are LOVING having grandparents to play with, be farmers with, be spoiled by and to snuggle with, and a fun Aunt around who catches turtles, tarantulas, tadpoles and all kinds of "cool" things to look at and play with... so, all in all things are good, but... were excited to come back for a visit soon:)
We got a slip'n slide the other day and it has been a great investment! Jackson, Cannon and their friend Shane, have spent HOURS on this great thing- notice Cannon and Kipper (the dog), it(dog) follows Cannon everywhere

Cannon's running start, again with Kipper

Jackson & Shane kept trying to go down together- thank goodness for no major injuries!
So here we are, having fun and grateful for our lives and the direction Heavenly Father gives us. I am so often amazed how things work out so well, and humbled that He loves us all so much and knows what IS best for us, even when we can't see it:)
5 comments:
I hear ya Laurel...life ain't boring is it?! We're counting down till we leave Idaho...it has only been in the last 6 mos. that I have finally felt like we'd made some good friends, and now we're leaving! Mixed emotions for sure. But I do believe that Heavenly Father has a Plan for all of us, and b/c I believe that I can see His hand in my life. Hang in there! Strangers are just friends you haven't loved yet!Danielle reminds me that Everyone is looking to be cared for...we just have to do our part and smile.
ok, it is kinda funny that you cried when your house sold. most people would be singing Hallelujah with the way the market is. I'm glad you are adjusting and it sounds like you are making new friends and having a great time. Although I think your family could make any difficult situation a party!
Wish I was there! Mom and I checked your blog and sad to see no new post tonight! I love you!
Aren't slip n slides the BEST! Glad you guys are making new friends and getting settle. Enjoy being close to family, I wish we were.
Hi Laurel,
Thank you so much for your sweet post on my blog! I'm so glad Emily directed you to me! I'm actually out the door to Young Womens camp for the week, but I'd love to talk some time. My email is zeeneye@gmail.com
Your family is so adorable!
Sarah Garner
Post a Comment