
Here goes my latest thyroid/ neck update...
Two weeks ago I had a neck ultrasound and the doctor discovered a bunch of nodules (growths) around my neck, thyroid, and vocal cords. One growth, on the right side of my neck is about the size of a golf ball, and caused a bit of concern in my doc. So, the next step was to have this radiation test- which you have to wait two weeks to clear all salt, minerals and a few other things out of your body. Yesterday I signed into Northwest Hospital, ingested some radiation, and then got multiple scans to see how the growths would react. Apparently this will measure my thyroid function (I'm hyperthyroid anyway) and also put us a step closer to find out if the growth is cancerous. This is one middle step we can take to hopefully bypass a biopsy:) (I'm not a big fan of cutting:)) Russ brought me down, and Heather, Maria and my parents watched the boys (thank you so so much- they didn't even miss us, cause they had SO much fun). I'm still feeling a bit queazy, weak and dizzy, it takes 2-3 days for the radiation to leave my body- so I figure by Thursday I'll be GREAT!!!!
Thank you for all your kind thoughts, prayers and calls. It makes my heart feel so great to know what wonderful friends I have, and to feel so cared for:) I love you guys!
I'll post my happy (fingers crossed) results in a couple of days:)
p.s. you may ask who G.O.B. is...
well, he's my golf ball size friend I carry around.... my Goiter Obstructing Ball
ha ha hahahahahahahah!!!!!!
-anyone ever see Arrested Development... I think it's hilarious!
14 comments:
oh man! I had no idea!!! let me know if you need anything or if you want me to take your boys to the park!!
btw, kam was in Northwest last year and they literally saved his life!!! it's an amazing hospital!!!
Love you Laurel! Doesn't sound like much fun. I hope you feel better soon.
I'm glad your Doctor is running so many test. Did I tell you that my dad had the samething, only his turned out to be cancerous and now when he talks he voice sounds hoarse. It all started with a simple sore throat - scary huh? I hope your news is good in a few days - sorry if I scared you a bit there. I'm sure you will be fine!
My girls actually ended up not having the flu but are apparently more stressed over their brother than I realized so they are vomiting everywhere and very fatigued. Poor things just love him so much.
Thanks for the jam info - I can't wait to try it out! I wish we lived closer too, it would be fun getting together with you!
I love you so much Laurel! You are in our thoughts and prayers. I sure wish we lived closer so I could come give you a big hug. Love you lots!
So that probably explains why you didn't answer the phone today! I'm so sorry! FYI, Derek thinks scratchy voices are sexy-- he is a huge fan of Allison on American Idol-- so maybe this is just launching your singing career.
You're in our prayers... we miss our party-planning girl here in FC!
So scary. I am so sorry to hear what you have got going on. We'll pray that everthing is fine and your boys will have a happy, healthy mommy!
sorry about your crappy hospital time, i will keep u in my prayers-
did u know they are making an arrested development movie? very hush hush.
i love gob from arrested. i am married to him. can't wait u to meet dave.
Love you Laurel! Love your Husband & Kids, Love all your pictures, and the Happy Birthday Cannon pictures too!!! Love & Prayers, Uncle Victor
Laurel love the joooob joke. I think Omi said her mother had a goiter... You're terrific!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!!! We love you Laurel and love your happy smiling face!!Take care!!
I am praying for you too! Prayers work too so that is good news!
I love you.
Laurel I had no idea you were going through so much. I hope you get to feeling better. With radiation I bet you really are feeling crummy. Was Russ able to have some time off with you?
Wow, this is the first i have heard! I have even seen you!! Actually I would love it if we got to actually do some thing with you guys! It has been a while!
You are in our prayers! Please PLEASE let me know if we can help do anything!
I heart Arrested Development, but I heart you more. Keep us posted! xoxo
Post a Comment