Monday, May 12, 2008

MY MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND...

I LOVE Mother's Day! I Love it because I LOVE to be a mom! I Love it because I HAVE the GREATEST mom! I Love it because I LOVE my mom-in-law! I also LOVE it because I think of my fabulous sister Lizzy, my wonderful Omi and my sweet Aunt Melody, whom I also love dearly and so many other great mommys that I adore! So many great reasons for such a great day to celebrate!
Mother's Day was so FANTASTIC! I was and still am super emotional, filled with gratitude that I am SO blessed to be a mommy here on earth to two adorable, sweet little boys who I LOVE more than I ever knew I could. I am HUMBLED that I have a beautiful, angel baby girl, Hannah that I will get to be with and hold again someday. I am in awe of my sweet mother, who I love and cherish. I admire so many of her MANY great qualities, that I hope to learn...someday:). I am greatful for my wonderful mother-in-law who raised a wonderful son to be my husband and the daddy to our sweet babies.
We had a wonderful church meeting, Jackson sang with the primary and he was so excited because he made me "happy-cry", which he loves to see... after he ran down and gave me big, huge squeezy hugs... then I got to go to relief society which I love and havn't been to in forever, to cry and laugh and sit by great friends!
I had been CRAVING BBQ chicken, so after we napped we decided to go barbeque up the canyon and play on the banks of the river. We packed up the habachi, chicken, some friends and cruised up to Picnic Rock. The kids all had so much fun throwing rocks in the river and swimming in it, until us parents would see them...most of the kids ended up going home in their undies/ diapers because they were soaked.
My SWEET Jackson. I love him & he loves me. All day he was so super great. If I ever got up to get something he would jump up and run in front of me and say "no, no, mom, sit down and rest, I'll get it"... so I got a little bit of milk in a spider man cup... a 1/2 a banana all kinds of cute snacks and meals! My GREAT little Cannon got the hang of it too... and wanted me for the day (which is great, because he is such a Daddy's boy, it was really fun:)
Cannon & Porter
Jackson & Dane got tired of just throwing little pebbles in the river... and decided to use teamwork to throw boulders in:) - brilliance
I am SO greatful for this blessing to have two (3) wonderful children and whom I absolutely adore, that I get the opportunity to be their MOMMY!
I have been so blessed in my life.


6 comments:

MK said...

It was so fun! Thanks for inviting us to be a part of it!

The Koenigs said...

How fun! You are such a great Mommy. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you. Im gald you had a great mothers day. You totally deserve it. LOVE YOU

Jessica Duff said...

Laurel, you are such a sweet mommy. We all know how much you love your babies after all that you have been through to get them here. You are an example to all the mothers around you. You're great, love you.

Monson Family said...

That is too cute! I have to say, I LOVE your hair! You look gorgeous! I am so glad you had a great mother's day! Isn't it the best!?!

Tricia said...

What a fun day! You are such a great Mommy! I just love the picture of you and your husband you look beautiful! I'm glad you had a great day.

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

We miss you guys! your cute! Doyle asked if you got baptized in the picture of you and Russ by the water- haha!