
I am so grateful for all of you wonderful friends I have. I have seen your comments on Jami's blog and heard of your prayers and donations that you have shared with this family. I am humbled by your kindness and generosity. You are truly an example to me.
Alot of people have expressed interest of how else they could help Jami & Kason. Here you go:)...
Tuesday 8/25 we are going to get together at Camille's house- email me if you need her address (laurdacooj@hotmail.com) at 9 am.
We are going to brainstorm. We are going to hold a silent auction on September 19th and we need help collecting the items. There is also going to be a benefit concert in September as well that we need help getting things ready with. We also want your ideas. If you would like to help, but live far away, I was thinking that we could include you in a conference call or messenger or something, because we have ideas of things people could do far away as well.
Again, THANK YOU, I am honored to have you as my friends, and know you have helped me thru my hard times as well as others. You strengthen me and motivate me.
Love, Laurel
5 comments:
Laurel,
I was just thinking about you trying to come up with ideas to help your friend- there is a family in St. George that just lost the husband and daddy of 3. The family is doing a golf tournament fundraiser. That might be something you could do if you could find a golf course willing to let you. Then all the guys are excited to golf and the wives are happy the $ is going to a good cause instead of just another round of golf.
Laurel,
I know this might not be what you are looking for but what about donations of clothing & toys for Kason? He's a growing boy and I know first hand that it's not always financially possible to keep up with how fast they grow. Perhaps anyone getting rid of clothes and toys, (that are in good condition), can send them her way before taking them to Goodwill or DI. You could even have people go through their Bishops & Relief Society Presidents to collect things. It would be one less burden for her to have to carry these next few years if she could get things that would last him until she was on her feet and more secure. Anyhow, I'm afraid that is all I have got. Good luck and I think it's wonderful she has you - you are such an amazing friend! Love ya!
You guys are such awesome friends to Jami! I would love to help...let me know what to do and I would love too!
I love you, that's all.
*
*
*
*
*
Except for when you don't answer your phone - but I'll forgive you. haha.
LAUREL I LOVE YOU!
I HURT SO MUCH FOR YOU AND I'M SO SO SAD FOR SWEET JAMI AND HER LITTLE KASON!
(I'll try my very hardest to send something for the auction and???)
Your aunty melody loves you lots!
Post a Comment