Thursday, August 6, 2009

he is SOOOOO big!

Today is the first day of kindergarten for our cute Jackson.  Last night we went and met his teacher, and toured the school and he got so excited because of the "giant playground" and the school is "sooo huge!" His teacher seems very sweet:) yea!
This morning he wanted to ride the bus... on the first day of school- I guess that big orange thing is pretty exciting- and come home on it too!

Here all the kindergarten's are full day- way too long if you ask me.  By lunch time, Cannon and I were missing our Jack pretty bad... come home:)
this is the moment I got a bit choked up- the GREAT thing was there were two other moms with kindergarteners together, so we were all sappy together:) while the dads observed...
and off he goes!  Only another 1/2 hour... 
Cannon and I are enjoying our "bonding time" playing cars and cleaning, but now he's napping and I'm a free lady for 30 minutes... wow!

8 comments:

Our Ohana said...

I know I posted on your facebook too but I like to stalk you. ;)

He was definately the cutest kindergartener in that whole school!!! He's growing up so big! And how fun for you to have the whole day with just Cannon!!

I can't wait to hear how his first day went!

Erin Noel said...

Oh! How time flies.My son will be starting kindergarten on Monday. I told my husband I was going to follow the bus over so I could show him how to get to his class. At least his big brother will be with him.

Stacey said...

No way! I won't believe he's old enough for kindergarten! Remember when you came to Logan to stay with Jess and Lizzy, and we had a big sleepover? Jack was a tiny baby then. Oh man, he is cute.

The Fergy Bunch said...

How fun! He is so cute!!!

Josie said...

Oh, it really is sad. My Pierson is starting 1st grade and I am freaking out about the all day thing, so not ready for it. I can't imagine doing all day Kindergarten! What a cute big boy!

Tera said...

We have all day kindergarten too. There is a part of me that is really looking forward to having time with the 2 little kids while the 2 older ones are gone at school all day. But, last year Jacob was in 1/2 day preschool and I loved having time with just him in the afternoon while the others napped and before Lauren got home froms school. This year, I'll miss that time with him. A full day is a long time, isn't it? I swear, once they start school, it's all down hill from there because they spend more time with their teachers and peers than they do with us. So sad.

Kara said...

Ahh, he's such a big boy! And darn cute too! I bet he's being chased all over the playground by all those silly girls. ;)

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

I love Mr big boy jack!