Wednesday, March 24, 2010

road trip

My sweet, beautiful cousin Jalidia passed away last week. We were and are so sad and jumped in the car to see our family and show our love to our family. I was bummed too, cause Russ was on business back east, so the boys and I tagged along with my family.
Our Burton cousins live in Oregon, so it's a pretty long drive! Monday evening we hit rush hour traffic. Spencer and I were in the front, looked out the window and the ocean was glistening, so we got off to pass the time until the freeway started moving again.
Jackson and Cannon needed a stretch... as did we all.

Spencer and Jackson jumped all the way in.
Cannon was a bit too cold to go for a swim.

8 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I sure your family was glad you and the boys were there. It looks like you had a lot of fun at the beach - it reminds me that I need to take my kids. =D

Josie said...

I'm so glad you were able to be there for Mel and her family. I was just so heartbroken for her and so sad that I couldn't go!

Beautiful ocean pics!

pocahontas said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I'm glad you got to go out for your family. I'm also really glad you finally posted on here again!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

I didn't know you spoke chineese?! Wish I was there with yous!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

ps, your friend said "The behavior of a simple pleasure of others souls, prayer is better than thousands to bow their heads" just lovely

Stacey said...

Glad to hear from you in the blogosphere. I still can't believe that Jalidia is gone. It hurts my heart every time I think about it. I'm so glad you were able to go be with the Burton's. You are such a close family. Great pictures too.

Tera said...

Beautiful beach pictures. Oh how I miss seeing the ocean.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.